Membership to The Ojibway Club is open to all. No sponsors are required. Members enjoy a relaxed and convivial atmosphere by participating in the Club’s many activities or just by hanging out on the docks. The Ojibway Club is a non-profit organization and member fees contribute to the preservation and operation of our historic community center. Every year, the Club opens the last weekend of June and closes on the Sunday of Labour Day weekend. To apply for a new membership or trial membership, head here.
Membership gives access to the following activities and programs (additional fees may apply):
- Participation in a vibrant summer community and its activities: book club, bridge, exercise classes, fishing derbies, and guided shoal picnics, to name a few
- Weekly email newsletters to keep you up to date on Club happenings
- The Ojibway Camp, a day camp for children 4 – 14
- Tennis and pickleball courts
- Tuesday and Thursday night dinners and other special events
- Signing privileges (a charge account)
- Preferred pricing in the Grocery Store, Gift Shop, and Snack Bar
- Internet and WiFi in certain areas
- Listing as a member in the Annual Yearbook
- Off-season mailings
The Membership Fees portion of your annual dues contributes to the seasonal operational costs of the Club. The Capital Fees portion contributes to the Long-Term Capital Fund, which is used for the repair and/or replacement of capital assets.
- Family membership categories include the member and his/her immediate family ONLY (this includes spouse/partner and children under 21 in the Calendar year of 2023).
- Children who turn 21 within the Calendar year of 2023 are NOT covered under the family membership and must join the club individually.
- Please contact the Membership Director at [email protected] if you have any questions about your membership dues.
All new members, except in the 21-29 category must pay the initiation fee as stated below, as well as the current year’s membership fee within your category. The Initiation Fee is $7,500.00 + HST $975.00 = $8,475.00.
There is no initiation fee for new members who are 21 as of the Calendar year of 2024. For members who join when they are between the ages of 22 and 29, the initiation fee is equal to the accumulated annual dues for the years between the current age and 21. For example, initiations fees for a 25 year old would be (25 – 21 = 4) equal to 4 years of annual dues. Please contact the Membership Director who will determine your initiation fees.
More details on Membership Policies & Billing can be found here.