Every summer the Ojibway Club employs about 50 people, ages 15 and up. Facilities Operations positions include Food & Beverage, Retail and Housekeeping. Some positions, like the maintenance staff, begin in May and work through September. Camp Counsellors start one week before Camp opens and finish on the last day of camp.
Suitably qualified children of active members are given priority status in the application process. All 2022 staff must reapply for 2023.
All positions require flexible schedules as shifts include both weekends and evenings. Full-time positions require a commitment of availability from late June to early September inclusive.
We plan to run camp in 2023 for 8 weeks, from July 3th to August 25th. We are looking for energetic staff to fill all positions, including Assistant Recreation Head, camp counsellors, and CITs (counsellor in training). If hired, you are required to participate in a mandatory pre-camp training session fro, June 29- July 1.
All members who are interested in applying to work in the Ojibway recreation should complete the online Recreation application form by January 31st, 2023.
These include, but are not limited to:
- Administrative Office - responsible for assisting with member services on a daily basis including: reservations/bookings, payment processing, communications by email, phone, & in-person, clerical tasks, & more. Ideal individuals possess a willingness to assist members, are team oriented, reliable, trustworthy, and focused on attention to detail.
- Housekeeping - responsible for keeping our Club facilities (including clubhouse, out buildings, laundry & rental cottages) clean and functional.
- Grocery Store - responsible for assisting with day to day tasks & responsibilities that provide outstanding, attentive service to our members & guests in the on-site Grocery store.
- Gift Shop - suits energetic, service-oriented individuals who engage customers and build relationships while being knowledgeable about the products available in our Gift Shop.
- Snack Bar - ideal individuals are team oriented, focused on attention to detail, organized and enjoy a fast-paced food service environment that is committed to customer service. As well, when requested they assist with set-up and provide table service to diners on Tuesday & Thursday evenings and for private (and social events) throughout the season.
- Kitchen Steward - suits individuals who like to work both independently and as part of a team. Key responsibilities include: wash dishing, receiving & stocking products and supplies, prep work, assisting others with overall care of kitchen, floors, tabling & equipment.
- Maintenance - assisting with the ongoing upkeep of our facilities, including outdoor & indoor maintenance to our building & grounds.
While experience in any of these areas is an asset, we are most interested in hiring individuals who are reliable, team-oriented, and committed to providing outstanding service, and a premium will be placed on applicants who demonstrate these qualities.
All members who are interested in applying to work in Operations should complete the online Operations application form, available here, by January 31st, 2023.
Please note that all applicants for our counsellor in training (CIT) must be 15 years of age by July 1, 2023.
The online application form must be filled out by the person applying for the position.
Note: There is a $75 registration fee for all successful CIT candidates. This fee supports the position of CIT Head, who ensures that the leadership skills and work experience gained from being a CIT is valuable.
Interested applicants must complete the online application form and submit it by the deadline of March 1, 2023.
The Intern Program is intended to provide 14-to-16-year-old children of Ojibway Club members with the opportunity to experience a real-world working environment that will familiarize them with Club operations and provide practical training that will be useful for future employment.
This is a great opportunity to earn community service hours and build your resume!
Intern roles include 1 or 2-week assignments in one of 6 areas: Housekeeping, Kitchen, Grocery, Gift Shop, Office, or Snack Bar. The assignment will be in one department per week from 9:30 am to 4 pm Monday to Friday.
Interested applicants must complete the online application form and submit it by the deadline of March 31, 2023.
If you have any questions not answered on the website about any of the above positions, please email our General Manager at [email protected].